Sunday 10 May 2015

... and that's how it's done! Thesis is marked...


So today whilst spending some time with Wife right after evening prayer, I unintentionally opened my University internal sites (https://my.wbs.ac.uk), and checked whether the thesis is already evaluated or not; had to admit that I am a bit trembling. And voila!

The thesis (we called it P&D, stands for Project and Dissertation) is already marked, and got a merit! I have to admit, that it marks an end of a long journey, that started...

2012 - I enrolled to the global energy MBA in Warwick Business School. Friend told me that it is a good programme, especially for those who works in Energy business, but then it won't be only about Oil and Gas, but it will touch base electricity, renewables and clean energy, and many other things.

My friend, Singab, helped me through the selection process, by guarding the door in WFT training room in Buzurgan (one of the operating base in Iraq), so it couldn't be accessed by anyone else. The purpose was to ensure that my internet connection would be decent enough to teleconference during the interview with University. The effort was paid off. I got scholarship for this program, a 50% cut of the tuition fee. For me, it's a lot of money to save...

Had to admit, that my former company, WFT, helped me a lot for this MBA, especially in the first 1.5 years, cause it paid my air ticket to UK, and at the same time I can comfortably adjust my time off based on the time I had to be in UK to study, take the exam, and discuss amongst students.

2013 - I had to take the sustainability courses in University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. A very interesting perspective of sustainability business case and approach, good professors lecturing here, etc. The complete video can be seen in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OraQcmyrtNE



2014 - The final course that is Strategic Advantage was conducted in Shanghai, in conjunction with Tongji School of Economic and Management. The visit to Siemens, the coal-generated electricity company and all, made this course an interesting one.

2015 - Finally submitted the thesis on 20th-sh of April, and got the mark just last week!

Alhamdulillah, Thanks God!

Now, I am waiting for the procedures for the graduation ceremony in WBS, UK (probably in July 2015), which unfortunately clashes with Eid Fitr :( (what a predicament!)

Anyway, I am happy for now, but the greater challenge already exists ahead; that is the selection process for my DBA (PhD in Business) in Grenoble (France), http://en.grenoble-em.com/doctorate-business-administration-dba

Bismillah...




No comments:

Post a Comment