Tuesday 30 July 2013

Fulfilling my destiny

Some people say it serving the greater purpose, and some said walking the path, but I would like to define it my own, such as fulfilling my destiny. This post below is kinda different with all other post, since it's a reflection of what have been happening even before I know what I become, and will becoming. Might be interesting to read.

Right after finishing my elementary, junior and high school in my home town in Medan, I studied in so-called the best university in Indonesia, that is Institut Technology Bandung, taking Electrical Engineering, majoring Computer Engineering. So excited with the study and in the same time due to financial constraint that my family had, gotta finish it faster, or else my parents wouldn't be able to withstand the fee and the living cost for me and my brother.

I believed the quest to seek for knowledge shouldn't be stopped here, while working even from my early years in oilfield business, been trying to find a suitable post graduate course to attend; at that time, mostly confused either to electrical engineering still, or converted to petroleum engineering. Lastly, I chose the business side, and been taking global energy MBA in Warwick Business School, Univ of Warwick in UK. Still have 6 courses + 1 Thesis to finish, and now I am looking for the good place to take the DBA. DBA is an equivalent Ph.D in Business. It stands for Doctor of Business Admin.

I am not trying to be academia, but i guess it brings some feeling of satisfaction; just like a morphine that mixed with blood; that's how my thirst of knowledge and connecting to academic world, in the same time applying what I know from oil and gas business (or the other way around).

My wife supports me for this, cause we both know believe that I, as head of the family, must be 'someone' that is smarter, more clever, and wealthier in knowledge especially. We know that I need to progress to even higher ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment